Our mission is to assist businesses in running their IT Operations and to get the most value out of the cloud infrastructures. We’re a DevOps house working on solutions to ease the life of our current and future clients.
We’re building a PaaS cloud-agnostic solution to compete with AWS Outpost, Google Anthos and the like. We’re looking for software engineers of medium and upper seniority to help us with any (or more) of the following general areas:
- Kubernetes platform engineering
- Open-source project development and maintenance
A successful candidate will drive the backend development of a Kubernetes cluster-orchestration platform, writing controllers and operators in the form of micro-services. The candidate will be responsible for the solution architecture and design of individual modules and their communication, reflecting the business requirements in various stages of the solution life-cycle. On top of that the candidate will be having a direct influence on the software engineering culture and later on its reflection in the future engineering processes.
The engineer will work on future open-source projects which will be the building blocks of the platform. Alongside with this he or she will define contribution guidelines, write and evolve the code, and process the community feedback including issues and pull requests.
The candidate will also be responsible for on-boarding future colleagues into the project.
We’re looking for people interested in working with cutting edge technology. People willing to learn a lot on the job. The candidates we’re looking for must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- profound knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language (primarily Golang, but also NodeJS, Rust, Python, Java, C++/C#, …)
- knowledge of distributed software architectures
- knowledge of API management, gRPC, REST
- knowledge of messaging, streaming PUB/SUB design patterns
- knowledge of asynchronous and event driven programming design patterns
- specifics of stateless and stateful workloads
- basic Git code management skills
- attitude to learn and explore new ideas and technologies
- good written and spoken English
And on top of that, an ideal candidate has:
- experience with SaaS solutions
- exposure to a cloud-native/AWS/CNCF/GCP stack
- track record of open-source contribution
- knowledge and experience with Kubernetes API
- attitude to work efficiently and in a lean fashion
- willingness to experiment and run POCs in a controlled manner
Does this look appealing to you? What you can expect to experience if you join Berops:
- culture of work-life balance
- quality over quantity
- data-driven decisions
- remote & multinational
- comfortable & friendly work environment favoring open and honest communication
- having fun while working on projects with the state-of-the-art stack
- company-covered attendance on conferences and workshops
- we all love cloud-native tech, and the work we do
- The salary range for this position is 18 000 – 48 000 €/yr.
This position is 100% remote and will remain remote.
We are seeking primarily full-time commitment, but we’re open to other forms of cooperation and time commitment as well.
Does that appeal to you? You are most welcome to join us! Drop us a line at [email protected]
At Berops we do not just accept difference – we seek it out and we intend to make the most of it for the benefit of our employees and clients. Advise us about your special requirements, please.