Our mission is to assist businesses in running their IT Operations. We collaborate closely with SIGHUP, based in Milan, Italy. SIGHUP develops its own commercially successful Kubernetes Fury Distribution. We’re expanding our team due to a rising demand for the services we provide and we are seeking smart candidates for a position of DevOps Engineer.
We’re looking for DevOps/Kubernetes engineers of any seniority to help us with any (or more) of the following general areas:
- Kubernetes Fury Distribution development
- delivery of cloud environments to new clients in accordance with the clients’ requirements
- ensuring service continuity for our clients, in accordance to varying SLAs
A successful candidate will use and expand our library of tools and modules to build cloud-native environments based on our clients’ requirements. The candidate will write automation code for provisioning desired infrastructure elements and will consult the specific needs of the clients throughout the individual projects. Our typical stack includes:
- Kubernetes Fury
- GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins and GitlabCI on the CI/CD front
- Ansible for configuration management
- GCP, AWS, OCI and Azure as the cloud providers; managed by Terraform
We’re looking for people interested in working with cutting edge technology. People willing to learn a lot on the job. The candidates we’re looking for must have:
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- good knowledge of the Linux ecosystem and its environment
- profound knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language (Golang, Python, NodeJS, Java, C++/C#, Bash, …)
- basic network administration knowledge
- good written and spoken English
- attitude to learn and explore new ideas and technologies
And on top of that, an ideal candidate has:
- experience with any CI/CD framework
- experience with app containerization (Docker)
- experience with public IaaS/PaaS offerings
- at least theoretical knowledge of container orchestration
- drive to achieve full automation
- knowledge of at least one configuration management tool (Ansible, SaltStack, …)
- Git code management skills
- Linux/Unix sysadmin skills
Does this look appealing to you? What you can expect to experience if you join Berops:
- culture of work-life balance
- quality over quantity
- data-driven decisions
- remote-friendly & multinational
- comfortable & friendly work environment favoring open and honest communication
- having fun while working on projects with the state-of-the-art stack
- company-covered attendance on conferences and workshops
- we all love Kubernetes, and the work we do
The salary range for this position is 18 000 – 48 000 €/yr.
This position is 100% remote and will remain remote.
We are seeking primarily full-time commitment, but we’re open to other forms of cooperation and time commitment as well.
At Berops we do not just accept difference – we seek it out and we intend to make the most of it for the benefit of our employees and clients. Advise us about your special requirements, please.